What is this?
This is the Covation Center’s member agreement between its members and the Center and serves as a legally binding document for both parties. Last revised: January 8, 2021.
The Member Agreement
Covation Center, Inc. (“The Center”), at 217 West Fourth St., Williamsport, offers a coworking space to its members, which includes open and private workspaces, complimentary snacks and coffee, high-speed internet, printing services and business coaching opportunities. By joining The Center, our members agree to abide by The Center’s code of conduct as well as the requirements listed in this document.
Any questions about this Agreement or any rules not covered here, should be addressed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Behave well and treat others the way you would want to be treated. Keep in mind that people who are annoyed or offended may not tell you so directly, but instead engage less with The Center, which hurts everybody.
Upon notice from other members, and/or at the Center staff’s discretion, disruptive or abusive language or behavior will result in a warning and a mark against your membership (a “strike”). On the third strike, your membership will be revoked. Your membership may be revoked prior to the third strike upon the sole discretion of the Center director.
These are the general rules we ask you to abide by:
- Indoor voice. We are all trying to get work done, so try to be mindful and respectful of others’ attention and time. Generally, if someone has their headphones on, please respect their privacy. The Center is not a library, and collaboration is encouraged, but this is a workplace, first and foremost.
- Phone calls. If you have a phone call and it will last just a few minutes, feel free to take it in the common areas. In doing so, please be aware that there are other members of our community here, and that long and/or loud conversations may be disruptive to their work.
- Harassment. We have zero tolerance for harassing our members or guests of The Center. Members or guests violating this will be sanctioned or expelled from the space or the event at the discretion of the managers/director.
- Guests. If your guest is going to be here for more than an hour we ask that they pay for a daily pass. Guests are required to adhere to the Rules of The Center.
- Desk use. Every desk at Covation Center is for the community. Unless you have a dedicated desk membership, do not leave property on the desks or around the desks when you will not be working there that day. Take home what you bring in. Storage lockers are available to be reserved by members.
- Refrigerator. The refrigerator is available to members. Please clean out any items you own on a daily or weekly basis.
- Alcohol policy. Members 21 years of age or older may bring their own alcoholic beverages into the Center. Any level of intoxication will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the premises at the discretion of the Center staff.
- Heat & air conditioning. Do not raise or lower the temperature more than three degrees. Questions about the heat or air conditioning should be directed to a Center staff member.
- Locks. The Center uses automatically locking doors, which require a pin or key fob to access outside of normal business hours (Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) At no time should the doors be propped open, nor should nonmembers be allowed in the space outside of normal business hours.
- Recycling. Members should use the recycling containers next to the bar and refrigerator whenever possible.
Fees are as follows:
- Cleaning fee for consistent messes left in the coworking space: $10
- Replaced key fob fee: $5
Violation of the Center’s code of conduct, or use of the Center for anything that is unlawful or damaging to property or other members, may result in the immediate termination of your membership.
You also agree not to use The Center in connection with: a. Contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or similar annoying behavior; b. Defaming, abusing, harassing, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others; c. Posting, distributing or disseminating inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material or information; d. Uploading, reproducing, using, performing or otherwise making available, images, software or other material or information which infringes another’s rights, or is protected by intellectual property laws where you don’t own or license such rights; and e. Uploading or using files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the computers or property of The Center or another member.
You acknowledge that during your membership in The Center, you are going to be exposed to, or overhear, The Center Confidences. “The Center Confidences” means information (such as business information, trade secrets, technology, customers and prospects) disclosed by The Center or by other members of The Center. You agree to keep confidential and not to disclose or use The Center Confidences, you understand that they remain the exclusive property of whomever disclosed them, and you don’t acquire any rights to such information.
Please don’t make defamatory or disparaging comments about The Center or other members. If you have a concern or complaint, let us know about it and the staff will address it.
The Center is not liable for damages or injuries to clients, guests, or other parties that members may invite to the The Center space. We also will not be responsible for lost or stolen property from the Center’s space.
- The Center PROVIDES The Center SERVICES “AS IS” AS A SERVICE AND NOT AS A LEASE OF REAL PROPERTY, AND DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THERE IS ALSO NO WARRANTY OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR POSSESSION. THE ENTIRE RISK OF PARTICIPATING IN OR USING The Center SERVICES, REMAINS WITH YOU.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL The Center OR ITS AGENTS, OWNERS, MEMBERS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY (INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE), NEGLIGENCE, AND ANY OTHER LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO The Center SERVICES OR OTHERWISE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You also release, and agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless The Center, its agents, owners, members and employees, from, and against, all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based on or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct or fraud, breach or violation of the rules or otherwise suffered in connection with your participation in The Center or use of The Center Services.
You cannot assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of The Center. Since The Center is situated in the City of Williamsport, we all agree that the law of the great State of Pennsylvania governs this Agreement. And we further agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue for all purposes under this Agreement shall be in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and everyone consents to such jurisdiction and venue. Finally, in the event that any provision or portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unaffected and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I acknowledge that I have read this Agreement and the Rules of The Center. Further, I agree to be bound by this Agreement and the Rules of The Center regarding my participation in The Center and the use of The Center Services.